|Obice da 210/22 modello 35|
Ricordate la Grande Guerra?
|Factory||Artillery & Anti-air Base|
For the money-aware, this would not be a weapon that will be on their list, as they cost $70 each, but for those who want to increase the generally weak, Italians' power, this is the unit to go for. It is extremely hard to produce them in medium production rates, and, they can be destroyed easily by infantry, bombers, dive-bombers, fighters, fighter-bombers and counter-artillery.
The Obice da 210/22 modello 35 was designed by the Italian Arms and Munitions Technical Service (STAM) and accepted into service by the Italian Army in 1938. A total of 346 were ordered and the gun was produced by Ansaldo at their Pozzuoli factory. However production was slow and approximately 20 were produced by 1942. After Italy surrendered Germany seized as many as they could and a factory in Northern Italy continued to produce guns for the German Army until the end of the war.
Strategies and TacticsEdit
- Unfortunately, the Obice 210mm gun is very inaccurate, and it may take a few volleys to destroy a target. Grouping a few of them together maximizes the chance of obliterating an enemy position.
- Keeping anti-aircraft batteries or anti-aircraft tanks nearby will safeguard the artillery pieces. The Obice 210mm is a very expensive piece of weaponry, replacing them will hamper your economy.
- As these guns are avaliable in 1939, using them in a Total War game mode or 1939 game mode can give Italy an advantage over nearly every other nation. It is especially useful if in a team game paired with France or Russia, so while they do the heavy fighting Italy provides fire support with the artillery.
Pros & Cons Edit
+Requires no development and it's produced from the artillery factory
+Same stats as other heavy artillery, accuracy depends on distance to target.
-Most expensive unit in the game.
-Less economical in the long run.
Large cal. HE shell
- The Obice fires the same shell as the Mörser, so expect similar damage to enemy targets.
- Italian units are often thought of as the cheapest units in the game. Irronically, the Obice 210mm is the most expensive unit in the game barring nuclear howitzers.