The Breda 90/53 was an early attempt to mount the massive and powerful AA 90mm on a mobile chassis. This concept brought extra mobility for the gun, and it was almost half the price of deploying the gun by itself. A good escort would be the Carro P26 to deal with infantry and act as a shield.
In the campaign you get access to a group of Breda gun trucks in the mission Secret Weapons.
Strategies and Tactics
- Breda gun trucks and Carro P26 tanks are an excellent combo, but can be countered by artillery because the Breda is very fragile. So use your own long ranged artillery or air support to keep them safe.
- The Breda 90/53 has a range of 600 meters while many heavy tanks like the U.S. Pershing only have a range of 500 meters, these tanks are 100 meters out of range if they want to hit the gun trucks. These gun trucks are very fragile but in decent numbers they can take out heavy tanks from afar.
- Two shots from these gun trucks can bring any aircaft down.
- Lanciafiammes are also effective with Bredas.
- The Breda gun truck is as fragile as a Supply Truck or Engineer Truck, so watch them closely - at the price of $25, losing several of these can put a damper on your economy and defenses.
- These units with the right positioning on choke points with other units to support, can be surprisingly hard to assault on the ground.
- Having the same firepower as the AA 90mm, do not be afraid to use these as anti-tank guns that can zip around the map quicker than other AT guns. This can be considered a turret-less AA tank destroyer.
Pros & Cons
Heavy AA gun
Large cal. AP shell